Healthy eating can be very beneficial to your body in many ways. Growing a garden can be a great way to not only grow your own food but also stay active. Most people do not realize the health benefits of gardening. Living in Florida, you never have to worry about your garden dying due to the climate changes. If you are not a gardening expert but are interested in growing vegetables for the fall season, talk with Amber at Sungold Gardens! Our gardening experts can help you choose the perfect fall veggies for your raised garden beds.
Our Fall Vegetables Menu
It is important to us that we provide you with a variety of vegetables for your fall garden. We want you to have options and never feel like you don’t have food choices to eat when you are strictly eating from your raised garden beds. Our fall veggies menu includes:
- Beefsteak Tomatoes- bright red slicers that have good texture which provides you with high quality eating. High resistance to disease.
- Cherry Tomatoes- Lasts up to 60 days and comes in 8-16 oz. Very high quality textures which makes for a delicious tomato.
- Petite Eggplant- Beautiful, white and shiny eggplant clusters; This mild, tender fruit is perfect for grilling or sauteing in olive oil.
- Sweet Peppers- Sweet, extra large fruit that starts green and ripens to a bright red.
- Buttercrunch Lettuce- Tightly bunched, 6 inch fan shaped head with dark green leaves and compact hearts that turn into a yellow color. This lettuce is crisp and sweet.
- Broccoli- Offers great taste with a harvest crown and additional side shoots. It can also be frozen.
- Basil- Italian, sweet variety with authentic flavor and look.
Why Garden In The Fall?
When you are trying to decide when you should start your garden, here are a few reasons to consider gardening in the fall:
- Crops mature when cool weather is approaching because it will help provide sweet flavor, crispness, and other desired characteristics.
- Prices, in say the winter, are higher than they are during the fall season for produce. You will experience cost savings by growing your own crop.
- Fall vegetables can be planted where there was a previous crop and do not require much space at all.
- Weeds are less of a problem than they are in other seasons such as summer and the seeds germinate quickly in warm soil.
- Fall vegetables are nutritious and low in calories.
- Fall vegetables grow relatively quick and are usually ready for harvest after about 4 to 9 weeks.
When you are looking for fall veggies for your raised garden beds, you must contact Amber at Sungold Gardens. Gardening can require more time and effort than you think and if you are not a gardening expert, you may not know what steps to take in order to produce a successful garden. Our fall vegetables are perfect for your autumn garden. To find out more about the vegetables you should plant in your fall garden, call us today at 407-593-8196 or visit our website! Sungoldgardens.com. We look forward to working with you and helping you achieve you desired garden goals.